Hello Track Club Families,
- On Thursday at the beginning of practice we will be taking a team picture. Please wear your team t-shirt and be at practice on time so you can be in the photo.
- The Snowy Bus will be at practice on Thursday so please be at practice to get your free snow cone.
- The track meet is on Saturday, May 29th and here is the link to the meet schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eLbD2NroFVXh1q0RM7qFyO7ACqRc7B3kB5l1MKWrjy4/edit?usp=sharing
- If your child is doing the long jump they need to be at the track meet no later than 7:45am. If your child is only doing running events you should be at the track no later than 8:30am.
- Please look at what events your child is registered for and help them get to the starting line when their event is announced. https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Print/SingleTeam?Cal=3828457&t=4tp2z&mode=athlete
Week #2 NOTES:
- Not a great week for our track club. Tuesday was the rescheduled BMS track meet so we were not able to have practice. Thursday is looking gloomy. The forecast is high of 36 degrees with an East wind of 18mph. Chance of snow is 80% with 1 to 3 inches of snow expected. It looks like we will be canceling practice for Thursday. On a positive note next week's weather is looking much better and we should be good to go.
- Our team t-shirts have been ordered and I am expecting to pick up the order from Scottsbluff Screen Printing the week of April 26th. I will hand these out to the kids at practice on April 26th or April 29th.
- The weekend is looking decent so I would suggest to get outside and get some exercise. Try biking, running or riding your scooter.
Week #1 TRACK CLUB NOTES:
- No practice on Tuesday, April 13 due to a rescheduled BMS track meet
- Always bring a mask
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear warm clothing
- Listen to your coach and give your best effort
- Visit our team clothing store before April 11th: https://sb-trackclub-21.itemorder.com/sale
- Sign up for REMIND: text @2d9g7a to the number 81010
- Bring your registration payment
- Exercise one day a week with your family or on your own
- Drink plenty of water, your body needs it
- April: 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
- May: 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 25, 27
- Track Meet is May 29th
Track club registration is now closed. If you are still interested in running track please sign up for our track meet on May 29th. We have a record number of kids in our club this year so unfortunately we are unable to accept any more registrations. The link to our meet sign up is located on the Track Meet tab.
COVID-19 Requirements: All athletes will be required to bring a mask with them to practice. Athletes will be required to wear their mask during instruction time and when they are not actively working out and are not able to socially distance. When athletes are doing drills, jumping or running they can remove their masks. Parents will be asked to drop off their child for practice at the South entrance by the scoreboard. Parents not be allowed to walk on the track during practice at this time. Parents will be allowed to watch practice from the stands or grass area surround the track.
Track Meet: We will host a track meet at Bearcat Stadium. It will be Saturday, May 29th. This entry fee is covered in your club entry fee for the track club. This will also be open to the community (entry fee will be $20/ for non-Scottsbluff track club team members).